Durham Wellness & Preventative Care
Quality Veterinary Care in Durham, North Carolina
As pet owners, we want our furry family members to be happy and healthy for as long as possible. Therefore, it's important to ensure you bring your canine or feline friend into Colony Park Animal Hospital for proper preventative care, such as routine wellness exams. This allows our staff to prevent harmful diseases or risks to your pet's overall health.
Wellness exams include a comprehensive physical exam, vaccinations, and diagnostics such as intestinal parasite screens, heartworm/tick disease tests, and blood work panels – all tailored to your pet’s lifestyle. Our veterinarians will work closely with you to assess your pet’s risk, exposure, and medical history to determine what tests and vaccinations are needed.
The Importance of Preventative Veterinary Care
Preventative care is an essential part of your pet’s veterinary care. Generally speaking, an annual wellness visit is recommended to keep your pet happy and healthy. This offers the opportunity to identify and address any health problems before they become too difficult to manage, and it can help bring peace of mind in knowing that your pet is receiving the best care. You can even save time and money by identifying health problems early on. Some pet insurance policies even cover annual exams and wellness visits.
Benefits of Vaccinations
- Disease prevention: Routine veterinary vaccinations protect pets from common and potentially deadly diseases.
- Herd immunity: Contributing to overall community health by preventing disease spread.
- Long-term health: Ensures pets lead longer, healthier lives by bolstering their immune systems.
- Cost-effective: Vaccinations are a cost-effective preventive measure compared to treating diseases.
- Responsible pet ownership: Demonstrates a commitment to the well-being of both individual pets and the broader animal community.
Our team is prepared to answer your questions regarding vaccines for your pet. Schedule your appointment today.
What Do I Need to Prepare for My Pet’s Wellness Visit?
To prepare your pet for his or her annual wellness exam, plan to bring the following with you:
- A fecal sample
- Any medications your pet is currently taking
- Favorite treats or a toy
- Questions or concerns for the doctor
When you come to Colony Park Animal Hospital in Durham for your pet’s preventative care, you can rest assured that we will treat him or her with respect and love, just like we treat our own canine and feline family members.
New to Colony Park Animal Hospital? Make sure to fill out our New Client Form and bring it to your pet’s first exam.
Contact us online or at (919) 424-0508 to find out more about preventative and wellness care at our Durham, NC office.
“Calm, knowledgeable, and empathetic”- Katherine R.
“Such a great vet!”- Christine G.
“Their staff treats our pets as if they are their own”- Elizabeth B.