Update on our COVID-19 Protocol at Colony Park – We are Here for You!
With the COVID-19 Stay-At-Home order and closure of all non-essential businesses, we want to reassure all of our clients of our commitment to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus while providing the best possible care to your pets. As an essential business, we will continue to be open for you and your pets until otherwise instructed by the appropriate authority. If your pet requires veterinary care, please give us a call at (919) 489-9156.
Please note that we have made some changes to our current offerings and hospital protocols due to COVID-19 best practices.
Your Pet’s Next Appointment & Essential Services
The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) recommends that elective procedures and nonessential services be postponed for the time being. These practices allow for reduced exposure risk for you and our staff, as well as reducing our personal protective equipment (PPE) usage. If your pet is scheduled for a non-essential service, please contact our office and we will work with you to reschedule. We can also put a tentative non-essential appointment on the books (pending any further developments with COVID-19) for clients who are interested in scheduling their next wellness exam, nail trim, etc. We will schedule these visits as soon as we are able to accommodate. If you are unsure if your pet's needs are considered essential, please call us and we will help you determine the best course of action for your pet.
Until otherwise noted, we will continue offering curbside service. This means we have restricted access to our building. If you haven't used this service yet, we'd like to explain this new protocol:
- When you arrive at our hospital for an appointment, please call us to alert us of your arrival. Alternatively, we may have an assistant outside to check you in for your appointment.
- One of our assistants will escort your pet into the hospital for their visit while you wait in your vehicle.
- Your pet's veterinarian will call you to discuss any concerns or necessary treatments based on your pet's examination.
- After the visit is completed, we will check you out over the phone and return your pet to you.
- Please remain in your vehicle for the duration of your visit, unless otherwise directed by our staff.
- Curbside service also applies to anesthetic or drop-off appointments, as well as medication or food pickups.
If you or someone in your household is sick, and your pet has a non-urgent appointment, we ask that you have someone else bring in your pet and we will communicate with you via phone. We can also reschedule any non-urgent appointments until a later date if needed. If your pet needs more urgent care, please let us know so we can help you coordinate care for your pet.
If you have prescriptions for your pet and you are unable or prefer not to come to our hospital, please feel free to use our online pharmacy. Our pharmacy allows your pet's medication to be delivered directly to your house.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these changes together. We appreciate your continued support and trust in our hospital, our doctors, and our staff. As always, please contact us at (919) 489-9156 or email@example.com if you need further assistance.
“Calm, knowledgeable, and empathetic”- Katherine R.
“Such a great vet!”- Christine G.
“Their staff treats our pets as if they are their own”- Elizabeth B.